Friday 24 July 2009

Hand sanitizer

In view of the current Influenza A(H1N1) pandemic, most Malaysians are very particular about their well-being and hygiene surroundings. The most simple and basic habit is to wash your hands whenever you leave the toilet or before and after meal. Also to cough with your mouth covered. To sneeze with handkerchief or tissue covering your nose and mouth. The list can just go on and on and on.

I have bought Disney's hand sanitizers for my kids as it's easy to carry around and use whenever needed. It really saves time hunting for the wash basin when we are traveling and the kids can eat in the car anytime :-) However, when my son brought it to school one day, his teacher told him not to bring it to school. Being innocent, he answered his teacher that this is a hand sanitizer, for him to wash his hands. His teacher replied that this is not for washing hands! No wonder so many Malaysians are being infected by H1N1 lately! Even the teacher is not aware of hand sanitizers! I was so annoyed with this teacher for misleading my son! I understand if you prohibit him to bring it to school but please do not teach him the wrong thing and confused him! I'm speechless!

I do hope the Government will create more awareness of personal hygiene and also the tools available. It's such a shame if this teacher would have replied this to a foreigner. More radio, TV and printed ads should help, not only in English and Bahasa Malaysia language but also in Mandarin and Tamil. I really do hope this pandemic will end this year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails