Thursday 24 March 2016

MPOV: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

It's been nearly two years since Superman's (Henry Cavill) colossal battle with Zod (Michael Shannon) devastated the city of Metropolis. The loss of life and collateral damage left many feeling angry and helpless, including crime-fighting billionaire Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck). Convinced that Superman is now a threat to humanity, Batman embarks on a personal vendetta to end his reign on Earth, while the conniving Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) launches his own crusade against the Man of Steel.

The above taken from Google.

Finally... this movie arrived! I have been anticipating it for so long hence I do have a very high expectation after Man of Steel. 

Henry Cavill never fails as Superman, though a Kryptonian, he is still as humanly as possible. I was pro-Christian Bale as Batman and was a little sceptical when Ben Affleck was cast instead. Though my stance still stays but Ben honestly did his best as I was truly annoyed with Bruce Wayne's attitude! Being a man, Bruce is so arrogant and easily blind-sided by Lex Luthor! Jesse Eisenberg is so realistically cuckoo as Lex!!! He may not looked like Lex but his role did. Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman... though a minor role, she definitely made a huge impact. Aside from being feminine, she definitely is headstrong but I feel that Gal Gadot still needs to polish her role a little. 

The movie overall was slow on the first half and picked up pace towards the end... the usual from a DC movie. Not sure why but I wasn't into it either at the first half until the many negative news instilled by Lex befalls Superman. Maybe it felt like there were gaps or not as smooth. Anyway, the CGI may not be as realistic for some scenes but it was dark enough for me. I guess it has to be since Batman is in the movie. The ending was a little unexpected, watching Lois Lane and Martha then was too harrowing for me. But then... it did hinted a little of another sequel! I liked that it did preview a little of Cyborg, the Flash and Aquaman for the future Justice League too!

Being a DC film, there is no post credit trailer so don't wait on... just leave when it ends. Unfortunately this time, there were many so called 'directors' and 'producers' behind and next to me, continuously chatting which was damn annoying. It really ticked me off as they have spoilt my 'in the moment' feel of the movie. Maybe that's why I wasn't feeling it during the first half. These men truly didn't know how to behave in a cinema... they should stay home instead. I do wish Superman would just removed them from the cinema!

P/S: I thought I saw a Caffebene bingsu bowl filled with sweets held by Lex Luthor :-p

IMDb rating: 8.3/10
My rating: 3.5/5
Directed by Zack Snyder
Starring: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons
Category: Fantasy / Science Fiction Film (PG-13)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails