Tuesday 5 April 2016

Day out with a gooD bookish pal #atozchallenge

It was sheer coincidence when Ai Jou and I chatted via Whatsapp about going to the Art for Grabs event in The School, Jaya One. So we met up last Sunday afternoon and proceeded as planned.

First stop: Jumble Station.
As posted previously, Jumble Station is a non-profit organisation who helped Parents Without Partners in managing and getting through life as a single parent. Located at P1 floor, there is a counter for us to submit our donations and another preloved shop selling all the good condition donated stuffs in order to raise money. I was in awe with the many gems available at their books corner. Priced at RM5 each or RM8 for 2 or RM10 for 3, what a steal! We managed to get 3 books in total so mine was only RM3.30!!! Anyway, we also donated our stuffs collated from our KonMari spring-cleaning. I had a heavy bag of books and knacks... still more to come though...

Second stop: Art for Grabs event.
There were many new and preloved books stalls and handmade booths but my main target here was the KL Book Exchange booth as I had 8 books for exchange! Well, I had reserved 3 books earlier with Gladys, the owner, and then scoured the rest through the piles of books! After that, we headed for a coffee break as Ai Jou was hungry LOL!

Third stop: The Bee.
My yummy Iced Latte!
OK, I have never been here so it's my first. The place was crowded but thankfully there's a table for us. The ambiance was cosy though tight in space and noisy plus it was kinda warm. My iced latte was sugarless but I didn't sweeten it as the caffeine was bitterly tasty enough. The carrot cake was a little too sweet for my sweet tooth though LOL! Anyway, we had a great time catching up and as usual... time flies when we are enjoying ourselves. So thanks to Ai Jou for bringing me here!

Final stop: continued browsing the remaining booths.
Yes, we continued checking out the remaining booths and met Vannitha of The Revolving Library! Another great non-profit organisation raising funds to provide more literacy to under-privileged children. There were other noteworthy booths too like NotbookNotbuk with many unique handcrafted paper goods and BeGood with homemade skincare made for positivity. Honestly, I was surprised to have met some friends here though Ai Jou met more!
My final book haul! All in great condition!
I got Cornella Funke's through Jumble Station for RM3.30 only by sharing the purchase with Ai Jou! Sandra Brown's for RM1 in exchange with a book at The Revolving Library and the remaining 5 were books exchanged at KL Book Exchange. So I still have 2 more books for exchange, perhaps the next round when KLBE is in Jaya One *fingers crossed*
I'm so loving these handmade bookmarks which I got for only RM2 each!
Overall, I had a wonderful time catching up with Ai Jou. And then a great time browsing and buying/ exchanging LOL! I felt contented and happy in the end... happy sigh! Can't wait for our next date in early May!
Ai Jou, thanks for these!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails