Thursday 23 November 2017

KLBAC: DIY Mini Book Workshop 2.0

I had so much fun at the workshop last Sunday that my initial plan to capture the step by step of how to make the mini book has gone out of the window! So much laughter amidst the seriousness and concentration that beckoned one to forget the time! Who says bookworms do not know how to have fun???

It was clever of Diana, our KL Book Appreciation Club (KLBAC) founder, to have this idea of a workshop... combining the love of books with bookish accessories. So naturally it would attract us crafters and book lovers alike to participate. In fact, this is the second round of a DIY mini book workshop and thankfully I was able to join as it's held at Artisan Coffee PJ! The first one I had to give it a miss as it's in KL.
A sample of a book charm bracelet
Our teacher is the very talented and also one of the esteemed group admin, Vivian! In fact, she sews and makes loads of book sleeves and journals for sale at:
https://www.facebook.com/brackets.handmade/
My kit and a sample of the bookmark
Aside from the kit, our workshop package does come with a coffee + cake set!
Yummy iced latte and cheese cake from Artisan Coffee
After finishing the second mini book, I was contemplating on the third one as cutting through those thick pile of books was no easy feat! In the end, I had to lah since there was still ample of time...
Halfway there...
I was so happy to finally meet some new faces though we have been conversing much online via the Facebook group. It's good to put a face to the name so to speak LOL! The best part, there were actual crafters among us! I felt so at home in their company! I was so, so glad I could be there and make their acquaintance!

Our eclectic group
Thank you ladies, nice knowing all of you! A special thanks to Vivian and Diana too! Not forgetting Artisan Coffee for their hospitality and space though the corner we were at was kinda dark... hopefully they could brighten it up more!
With my fellow crafters, Elaine and Michelle!
My masterpiece!!!
So I've managed to make a necklace, a key chain and a bookmark with mini books! And this concludes workshop 2.0!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails