Wednesday 6 November 2019

MPOV: When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales #2)

My rating: 4/5
Goodreads rating: 4.06/5
First published: January 25, 2011
Author: Eloisa James
Genre: historical romance, regency romance

Miss Linnet Berry Thrynne is a Beauty . . . Naturally, she's betrothed to a Beast.

Piers Yelverton, Earl of Marchant, lives in a castle in Wales where, it is rumored, his bad temper flays everyone he crosses. And rumor also has it that a wound has left the earl immune to the charms of any woman.

Linnet is not just any woman.

She is more than merely lovely: her wit and charm brought a prince to his knees. She estimates the earl will fall madly in love—in just two weeks.

Yet Linnet has no idea of the danger posed to her own heart by a man who may never love her in return.

If she decides to be very wicked indeed . . . what price will she pay for taming his wild heart?

The above taken from Goodreads.

Apparently this is based on the fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast. Of course with Eloisa James own spin of the fairy tale which I've truly enjoyed! This is my first read from this author and I was delighted it has kept me engaged from the start until the end! I liked how she has spent the first few chapters introducing the heroine and hero of this book. Slowly but surely it ploughed into the deep current and had them at scarlet fever!

A true beauty with an ill tempered beast! Such combination made a darn good romance novel! Of course, we would have anticipated the "Happy Ever After" ending but it's the plot that derives it made the difference. Such angst and fervour leading to that moment which had me glued to every pages so that I can quickly reached the ending! LOL! It truly was an entertaining read from the start to the end, looking forward to other Eloisa James books!

Here are some notable quotes:
Zenobia shook her head. "That's just the kind of remark that got you in this situation, Linnet. I've told you time and again, all that cleverness does you no good. People would like a lady to be beautiful, but they expect her to be ladylike, in short: sweet, compliant, and refined."

"I love you," he said, his voice catching. "When I thought you were going to die, I wanted to die."

New words in my book:
Fussocking - fat and hard to handle
Taradiddle - a fib, fabrication or pretentious nonsense
Irascibility - marked by hot temper and easily provoked temper
Ameliorating - to make better or more tolerable

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails