Monday 9 December 2019

MPOV: How to Embroider Almost Everything

I've received this e-ARC from Netgalley in return for my honest review.

My rating: 5/5
Goodreads rating: 4.55/5
Publication: October 22, 2019
Author: Wendy Gratz
Genre: Crafts, non-fiction

How to Embroider Almost Everything is an inspiring, fun, and sophisticated collection of 500+ stitch motifs from embroidery designer Wendi Gratz that offers a fresh new take on embroidery.
Get a detailed checklist of everything you’ll need to embark on your stitch journey: threads, needles, fabric, and more.
Find step-by-step tutorials for essential stitches and other techniques for creating the motifs, plus answers to common questions and invaluable tips and tricks.
Explore an amazing 500+ modern motifs for almost everything, including people and pets, trees and flowers, everyday objects, food, home, and more. Either re-create the motifs exactly as shown using the accompanying templates and stitch guides, or give them your own creative spin by changing details and colors to suit your own style.

How to Embroider Almost Everything helps you take your first steps to embroidering to your heart’s content and creating beautiful drawings with needle and thread!

Each book in the Almost Everything series offers readers a fun, comprehensive, and charmingly illustrated visual directory of ideas to inspire skill building in their creative endeavors.

The above taken from Goodreads.

A precisely written tutorial which was easy to understand with pictures to emphasis and elaborate. I had always wonder the basics of embroidery and I was so grateful to be given a chance to peruse it! I have a much better understanding now and I can't wait to get my hands to embroider more as there were so many templates in this book! An awesome reference book for beginners like me!

Initially, I wanted to embroider one hands on with the e-book but alas... aside from being at work, I'm currently busy with decluttering at home so everything is in a mess right now. I'll definitely share one with a hands on embroidery when I'm free of all this mess! Can't wait to have everything settled down before the New Year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails