Thursday 3 September 2020

[MPOV] Allertoin creams - week 1

I have recently been given the opportunity to participate in Allertoin's Eczema and Dermatitis Advocate Program. I am so glad for this as I have been having eczema (I didn't know it then) for years since I was in my early twenties! I have tried many creams and soaps but to no avail. I finally visited a doctor and was diagnosed as having eczema. At that time, I was apparently allergic to some materials hence I can only wear cotton material. Medication and change of soap and lotion helped but the damage has been done. I couldn't remove the scars of over scratching it left behind. It has been under control though bouts of flare will tend to return as and when I'm stressed or just suddenly. I've been off meds for a long time but controlling it using non-perfumed soap and body lotion plus making sure my clothes are cotton made. Of course, there are cheat sheets at times where I would use some perfumed soap or lotion LOL!

Eczema is a condition where patches of skin become inflamed, itchy, red, cracked and rough. Eczema can vary in severity and symptoms may flare up or subside from day to day. If severe, it can disrupt sleep and increase risk of infection.

Anyway, I have already given up hope to any cure that exists so when I was given this chance to try Allertoin Cream, I was definitely doubtful of it's effectiveness. It is a non-steroid cream for eczema which I am glad as it means I can use it many times without much side effect. Fragrance free, preservative free, paraben free and without mineral oil, it has been clinically proven of it's efficacy and safe to use always.

Allertoin Cream and Allertoin Cream for Kids are more than just basic therapies of eczema and psoriasis. These Ectoin-containing products can be used between exacerbations to stabilise the skin barrier and protect the skin against external stress factors. Ectoin was discovered in extremophiles which supports the living of the microorganism's in hostile environment. It hydrates and protects the cells from allergens or other harmful substances. 

I have used it for one week and I can immediately feel the difference. I have been using it twice daily each time after shower. The first thing I've noticed is that it didn't feel as itchy anymore. There are also less flaring thus far even though I was stressed with a vertigo attack. I am surprised that the cream, though looked thick but was actually light and after applying it felt smooth and doesn't feel sticky nor oily. 

Anyway, here is my subject diary after a week of use:

I do hope that the scars will eventually lighten and disappear so that I can wear bikini worry free LOL!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails