Monday 12 October 2020

[MPOV] Insignia: Asian Fantasy Stories (The Insignia Series #4)

My rating: 3/5
Goodreads rating: 3.67/5
Published: March 26, 2017
Author: Allison Thai, Joyce Chng, Anna Tan, Kelly Matsuura, Russell Hemmell, EK Gonzales, Nidhi Singh, Sheenah Freitas and Tina Isaacs
Genre: short stories, fantasy

Thanks to Anna Tan for this lovely e-book in return for my honest review.

A total of 9 short stories from 9 awesome authors about Asian fantasy, folktales and literary tales. Split into 2 parts, the first one is about adventure and folktales from claws to ashes to tear to ribbons which had me at awe with the depth of each adventure. Although each has a different background, it did standalone distinctly without much confusion. The second one is about adult and literary tales from fireflies to birds to train being untouchable with lady that was as distinctive as the first part and as good, if not better. Well written with well plotted stories that were uniquely their own. 

I am glad to have been given the chance to read this albeit 3 years later (I had misplaced it then and found it recently). I have enjoyed it immensely for some and surprised that I have finished it that fast! Such an easy read with great imaginations that made this a memorable read. 9 different style of writing that made it more entertaining with different plots and twists with the right pace. I have truly enjoyed it. 

For more details of The Insignia Series, please click on the link below:
https://insigniastories.com/insignia-vol-4/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails