Wednesday 30 November 2022

[MPOV] Once and Forever

My rating: 3/5
Goodreads rating: 3.88/5
Published: November 1st, 1999
Author: Constance O'Day-Flannery
Genre: Historical romance
Something inexplicable has led Maggie Whitaker to the sixteenth century. Always a woman who has tried to do the right thing and live up to expectations, Maggie is beginning to learn the joy of following her own heart--even if it leads her across centuries. And especially since it has her crossing paths with Nicholas Layton, a dashing disinherited noble caught up in the dangerous intrigues of Elizabeth's royal court.

There is something about this enchanting, perplexing Margaret that leaves Nicholas breathless. Her voice is sweet music--though the words she speaks seem foreign to his ear. One kiss and he knows she is his true soulmate. But it is said the lady is betrothed to another--and it is Nicholas who must deliver her to her waiting groom.

Yet no political plot or royal decree can forbid a love that is destined. And Maggie and her daring highborn lover are willing to incur the wrath of insidious foes to make certain that passion's flame, newly kindled, burns forever even if it takes centuries for their hearts to be truly one.
This is my first time reading from this author after hearing lots of rave reviews. Surprisingly, it was not easy finding her novels on the shelves too. So I truly thought it was that good hence the high expectations lah.

A current to historical romance about love lost and love found through time-travel. I've read a few of similar genre which was much better. I felt that this could be better or maybe it was written in the late 90's hence the timing difference as compared to now with more time travel ideas and imagination. 

Overall, it was an ok novel. Good as an easy read to pass time and enjoy the old fashion romance. Some notable quotes:
"Malcom and I know we've been together before, in other lives, and live now in gratitude for each other. I think I wrote to you about my belief that everyone who comes into our lives is fulfilling a contract with us."
"Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Boredom did. Allow wonder to work its wonder. Seek peace, Maggie. Stay in the moment. That's all you need to remember now. Rest well."
"Sweetness of my days, goddess of my nights, angel of my mornings..."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails