Wednesday 9 August 2023

[MPOV] Troubled by Love (A Too Busy Romance Novella)


My Rating: 3/5
Goodreads rating: 4/5
Publish: August 24th, 2023
Author: Tara Kennedy
Genre: contemporary romance, novella
Amy's now ex sent Dan to her instead of himself. Living in a new city and having to go get an abortion and dump her ex was not how Amy imagined this new chapter of her life going. Dan has been working hard to get his food truck going. Picking up ride shares, bartending, and barely sleeping, has all been to support that goal. Amy is the first person to make him wonder if he should be finding time for things that aren't work. After a few months of texting they decide to make a go of it. But when her ex shows up, Amy will have to figure out have things really changed?
Thanks to LibraryThing for this e-ARC in return for my honest review. I had wanted to read a romance book but I also wanted a short one which is why I've requested for this. 

Amy is living her new life in Washington DC after ditching her ex, Ryder, who has abandoned her while getting an abortion. Ryder has sent his buddy, Dan, instead to accompany her. Slowly, Amy and Dan's friendship grows, becoming more serious and they took the plunge to be committed. Unfortunately, Ryder returned thinking they could rekindle their relationship which in turned gotten Amy and Dan into a situation where they have to decide where their relationship is heading towards.
"I was hurt when I found out it was your birthday. I assumed it was a big deal and I was being penalized for not making an event I didn't have all the info on. But I'm falling in love with you too. Actually, I'm already in love with you. I can wait for you to catch up"
Fortunately, it was such a breeze reading this novella! Fast paced yet in detail, this author truly knows how to tweak it! Truly was an engaging read until the end and I liked that it was not the typical damsel in distress kinda romance. But yeah... be aware that not many may like the abortion part and it is just a story. The ending was expected but worth my time and effort finishing this novella in 2 seatings!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails