Saturday 20 April 2024

[MPOV] Tuesday's Gone (Freida Klein #2)

My rating: 3/5
Goodreads rating: 3.96/5
Published: January 1, 2012
Author: Nicci French
Genre: Mystery, thriller, crime fiction
A London social worker makes a routine home visit only to discover her client serving afternoon tea to a naked, decomposing corpse. With no clues as to the dead man’s identity, Chief Inspector Karlsson again calls upon Frieda for help. She discovers that the body belongs to Robert Poole, con man extraordinaire. But Frieda can’t shake the feeling that the past isn’t done with her yet. Did someone kill Poole to embroil her in the investigation? And if so, is Frieda herself the next victim?
Nicci French used to be one of my favourite mystery crime authors. I still have a few unread titles on my bookshelf, so I thought to revisit this author. Maybe I have aged, or my palate has changed, as it has turned out to be an average read for me now.

Tuesday's Gone is the second book from the Freida Klein's series. I have not read any from this series and it can be read as a standalone as I didn't feel the gap. It somehow reminds me of the many female detective series like Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta or Ann Cleeve's Vera Stanhope, though on a different setting / premise. It definitely suited as a TV miniseries with the way it was written with all the extra fillers / subplots. Hence, I just couldn't wait to finish the book, to get to the end. The ending though, was kinda confusing for me as it sort of did a round robin and then the killer was found... so much for the anticipation. I do think that it will pan out nicely on TV though. 

Anyway, there are many new cozy mysteries popping up, I am spoilt for choice now! So, I plan to pick up books from my TBR piles on and off with the hopes to finish it all and not hoard any more books *fingers crossed* So, here's 1 of the many...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails