Wednesday 28 December 2022

Bali: 3 temples we have managed to visit

We have managed to visit 3 awesome temples in Bali this round! I'm sharing them here in sum form so if you want more photos, can check out my Instagram posts @sholeesphere.

1. Uluwatu Temple
A Balinese Hindu temple located at South Kuta, Badung, apparently, there are monkeys here! Thankfully, we did not meet any during our visit there so we could sightsee in peace! I've enjoyed the warm sea breeze from the top and loved the beautiful, picturesque view!
The temple is regarded as one of the sad kahyangan and is dedicated to Sang Hyang Widhi Wasa in his manifestation as Rudra.



2. Pura Tirta Empul
Pura Tirta Empul  means Holy Spring in Balinese. This water temple is located at Gianyar and it is a bathing temple where many came over to be purified and blessed. This temple was crowded with locals and tourists alike when we arrived, so we did a quick look around, feed the koi's and then leave LOL! 



Point to note: there are many hardcore sellers who will FORCE to PUSH their fruits at you so that they could rip you off ya... I mean literally as I have encountered one pushy lady! I have been forewarned by our guide, Pak Wayan, so I was on my guard. As we were leaving, this lady tried to sell her bananas to me to which I have kindly replied no numerous times. She just wouldn't take no for an answer and wanted to dump a banana on the crook on my crossed arms! That was how pushy she was!!! In the end, I shouted ''jangan'' and she felt offended. I was totally annoyed by her attitude! Anyway, FYI, if you were to take 1 piece of fruit to try, you will then be forced to pay for the whole fruit as they can't sell it with a missing piece. That is their modus operandi ya.

3. Pura Luhur Tanah Lot
We have been here a few times but always wrong timing. Whichever time we arrived; it was always crowded that we could not go near the temple itself, so we have to go to the other sections. Luckily, it's a huge temple with a few sections to go to or else time wasted travelling all the way there. Anyway, this time we get to tick our bucket list!

This temple seems to be the most popular one as it is located on the seabed itself. So, when it is high tide, the temple is not accessible. Also, it has the best sunset view that even the locals like to "paktoh'' (dating in Cantonese) there!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails