Wednesday 10 July 2024

During the commute: The raba raba

This is another rant of me taking the public transport, i.e. Star LRT, from office on the way back home. A day after my birthday. I promise to keep it direct and short lah! 

It was crowded since it's during peak hours after 6pm so I had to endure a sardine packed commute just like any other day. However, this evening I have encountered an inconsiderate sloppy looking guy after I have gotten a seat. I was reading on my e-reader when this fella got a seat next to me. As he was a bit bulky, I kept mum when he sat with his legs spread WIDE encroaching into my seat space. After a while, I noticed his arm grazing mine, once and then a second and then a THIRD TIME!!! Like he was looking for something in his pants pocket!!! Honestly, if you are looking for something, you would have looked in both sides of the pocket and not intentionally on one side!!! Also, his arm would have been hitting mine and not grazing softly ya!!! I huffed and cursed him, packed my e-reader and stood up, all the while berating him raba raba my arm!!! Unfortunately, he had his earbud on so he pretended not to have heard me BUT he was damn pissed when a boy took my seat instead of another girl who was standing there. It was damn obvious, the way he looked... annoyed and all!!!

Anyway, when I heard the train's service announcement about sexual harassment, I wanted to laugh. How to lodge a report in a moving train? Also, he could claim otherwise, that I'm over sensitive blah blah blah. His say over mine. I know what I have felt, such incriminating silent mini sexual harassment. When I finally got a seat opposite, I had the urge to snap a photo and shame him but then to what extend? So, I pray and pray that karma will get him soon. Amen to that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails