Wednesday 5 October 2022

[MPOV] Holy Parrot


My rating: 3/5
Goodreads rating: 4.40/5
Published: 1st December 2022
Author: Angel A
Genre: literary fiction, mystery fiction
From the multi-award-winning author of Mary Poser. We are proud to share with you Angel A’s second novel.

Buritaca, Colombia: Mary, sixteen, insisted the parrot, known as Gabriel, told her she would be the mother of the new Christ. She said she was a virgin. Pablo, suspected as being the child's father, mysteriously disappeared. Leo Lumière, an undergraduate genetics student from Australia was torn between exposing a crime and protecting Maria from harm.

Was Maria lying to hide a despicable secret? Or was she birthing the leader of the new millennium? Phenomenal events unfolded as millions united, chanting one phrase - 'Loro Santo': Holy Parrot.
I have received this e-ARC in return for my honest review.

This novel is about a mysterious occurrence where a 16-year-old virgin is pregnant with Christ's child and an Australian science student is working on genetic research nearby. Coincidentally, both happened to meet, and both happened to connect. Eventually both happened to keep saving each other from the chaos that surrounds them. 

This is a refreshing read as opposed to the general fictions I have been reading. I have enjoyed Angel A's first novel, Mary Poser, so I was looking forward to her second novel. Alas, I was not disappointed. Although Holy Parrot was less witty and funny, it did make up with more dramatic plots. Hence it was never boring. 

I did wish for it to be funnier, livelier, as the characters were less outstanding, I guess. It sorts of got drown as the story progressed, as opposed to the parrot, though less mentioned yet more memorable! This is more of a literary fiction, unlike the first one which was more of chic lit hence a different vibe here. Overall, it was eye-opening, and I did not expect that ending LOL!

All in all, it's more of a self-discovery + faith + science kinda novel. If you are looking for a different genre from the usual fiction or something unique, you should give Holy Parrot a try. I'm sure you can relate to the characters and the behavior's mentioned in this novel. The ending will seal the deal for you :-) I am ____

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails